Romy B. Jurado, Esq.
Originally from Peru, Romy moved to the United States with the entrepreneurial dream of becoming an attorney and starting her own business. And today, she is living proof that dreams really do come true. As a founder of Jurado & Associates. P.A., a reputable business, real estate, and immigration law firm, Romy’s practice is centered primarily around domestic and international business transactions – with a strong emphasis on corporate formation, stock and asset sales, contract drafting, and business immigration.
In 2011, Romy earned her Juris Doctor degree from the Florida International University College of Law. She is fluent in two languages (English and Spanish) and is the proud author of Starting a Business in the US as a Foreigner, an online entrepreneurial guide.
While in law school, Romy served as a Federal judicial intern to the Honorable William M. Hoeveler at the U.S. District Court in Miami, Florida. And as an esteemed Stearns Weaver Miller Fellowship recipient, she also received a secondary scholarship from the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Upon graduation, Romy worked for the law firm of Marko & Magolnick in their transactional/business department and then served in the real estate litigation department at McCalla Raymer. Romy is actively involved in her community as a SCORE certified mentor, speaks regularly at conferences for small business owners, and strives to inspire entrepreneurs all over the country.
Areas of Practice
- International Transactions
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Corporate Law
- Business Investor Immigration
- Intellectual Property
- Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida
- Dean’s List
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Public Administration
- How to Start Your Own Real Estate Brokerage, Miami Association of Realtors
- How to Start Your Own Real Estate Brokerage, Greater Fort Lauderdale Board of Realtors
- Legal Considerations for Foreign Nationals, Miami Association of Realtors
- Legal Considerations for Foreign Nationals, Greater Fort Lauderdale Board of Realtors
- How to Protect Your Business, Let’s Plan Conference
- Business Contracts, Hispanic Small Business Conference
- Investor Visas and Real Estate, HB Roswell Realty
- Investor Visas and Real Estate, Spectrum Realty Group
- Investor Visas, Broward County Realtor Trade Expo
- Investor Visas, Business Brokers of Florida South District
- Investor Visas, Miami Association of Realtors
- Investor Visas, Greater Fort Lauderdale Board of Realtors
- Legal Basics for the Small Business Owner, Small Business Expo
- Legal Basics for the Woman Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, InterNations Miami,
- Commercial Leasing, Miami Board of Realtors
- Commercial Leasing, StartUP FIU Entrepreneurial Workshops
- Commercial Leasing, South Broward Board of Realtors
- Leasing: What You Don’t Know Could Hurt Your Business, Score Miami-Dade
- FIU Entrepreneurial Workshops, FIU Pino Global Entrepreneurship Center
- President of Club Amazonas USA, Inc., a non-profit organization committed to help those in need of medical assistance in the Amazon region of Peru.
- President of Cattorneys at Paw, Inc., a non-profit organization whose mission is to save as many cats as possible from hunger, disease, and homelessness.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer’s Rising Star 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Stearns Weaver Miller Fellowship Recipient, Florida International University College of Law
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers Scholarship Recipient, Florida International University College of Law
Email Romy at [email protected]